Te Iti me Te Rahi- Everyone Counts
Te Iti me te Rahi Māori Health Workforce Survey
Nō te Ariki te aroha
Horahia nuitia e
Ki runga i ngā iwi hei kākahu rā
Mō te iti mō te rahi e
New Zealand’s health system aims to do better for the population groups who do not enjoy the same health as all New Zealanders. This group includes Māori. Improving the health of Māori will include tailored services, so they are more accessible and delivered in more culturally appropriate ways(1).
Te Rau Matatini seeks your support for the Te Iti me te Rahi Māori Health Workforce Survey. Please share the information in this letter widely along with the Te Iti me te Rahi Māori Health Workforce Survey link provided. This national survey will contribute to the improvement of Māori health and is being delivered by Te Rau Matatini from July – September 2018.
Te Iti me te Rahi Māori Health Workforce survey:
- builds on the knowledge gained through the Te Rau Matatini Profiling the Māori Health Workforce 2017;
- values all Māori who work in Non-Government Organisations, District Health Boards, Kaupapa Māori and Mainstream, Public and Private Health services as their contributions count towards influencing positive health outcomes.
Why is this survey necessary?
- The survey will provide a baseline for Māori Health Workforce. This survey is anticipated to be conducted every three years to track the progress of Māori health workforce initiatives and government commitment.
- The survey will provide the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the Māori Health Workforce and their needs.
Who can participate?
- We invite all paid Māori health staff working in service delivery in Non-Government Organisations, District Health Boards, Primary Health Organisations and Private Health Services (Māori & Mainstream).
- The survey will take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
- Participation is voluntary, but we aim for a response rate to provide results truly reflective of the breadth and depth of our Māori Health Workforce.
If you are happy for the survey link to go on your website or Facebook page please let us know.
Survey results will be provided back to the sector for your use
Results will be reported back to our stakeholders which includes participating Registration Bodies, Tumu Whakarae (General Manager Māori), District Health Boards, Ngā Pou Mana, Māori Health professional groups and Non- Government Organisations.
The survey is complimentary to other surveys
Te Rau Matatini recognises that Te Iti me Te Rahi is one of several surveys in the field for Māori health staff this year. However, this survey will provide vital information that has not previously been collected about the Māori Health Workforce. We are in contact with other survey providers to ensure minimal crossover in content and questioning.
Please click on the link to take you to the survey:
If you would like to discuss aspects of the survey, or have any questions, please contact:
Dr Kahu McClintock
(07) 282 0281 Extn: 753
Thank you for your ongoing support,
Pouwhakahaere Matua (CEO)
Te Rau Matatini